Monday, August 30, 2010

Rhyme Time

We were eating sandwiches and playing with words.
I felt like a great mom as my 5 year old continued to come up with rhyming words on his own. I thought in my mind, "Wow, he is so smart, it is great that he spontaneously thinks of these words."

Word: Plane
My answers: drain, strain, rain, insane
Griffin's answers: vane, Dane, train,cane,

Word: man
Answers me: , Tan, Can, Ran
Griff: Fan,Van
Griffin makes a sentence: "I am playing an awesome van rock song."

Word: sandwich
Me: Sand ditch
Griff: Sand Bi...
Well, I think you get the idea.
At first I tried to move along, and within a couple more examples the Sand B reemerged.
I was forced to explain "This was a word we don't use, it is a yucky word. Do not say it again."

Word: shut
Me: nut
Griff: cut
Lincoln: Butt.
This answer was followed by many little Lincoln giggles.
I took this as a sign. We can rhyme.
Rhyming time over.

4 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

HILARIOUS!! So cute. I need to work on rhyming time with Maggie. Hopefully she won't find any moments to rhyme dammit or hell. hahaha

Anonymous said...

Great game idea. Great teaching opportunity. No lack of sense of humor at your house!

TuTu said...

I can't tell you what Isaish came home rhyming--YIKES! I made him call everyone who rode home with him on the bus and apologize-- including an apology to the bus driver. NO KIDDING! The joys of motherhood. I remember it like it was yesterday. Thanks for the memories! :)

JamieLynn said...

You are a master in rhyming yourself....he must have picked up his skills from you!